November 30, 2011

Trippy Tales #46..."Louisiana Pineapple-Headed Demon"

Another creepalicious tale from the archives of about.com...
 "Louisiana Pineapple-Headed Demon"
(By Ginny G.)
"I am so glad I found this site because something unsettling happened to me when I was young and I want to share the experience. This happened to me when I was 12, in Louisiana.

My grandfather had business in the area so we stayed at this old plantation that had been turned into a bed and breakfast. The plantation was beautiful but had an eerie feeling to it.

The rooms we stayed in were located towards the back of the house and for some reason nobody else seemed to stay on that floor. I had the room closest to the back and then there was a door connecting my little room to my grandparent's bigger room.

I remember feeling very important and grown up because of the fact that I had my own room all to myself. If only I had known what was to happen to me all alone in that room.

The first night we stayed, I had gone to bed. I awoke in the middle of the night and glanced to the bottom of my bed and to my horror, saw something standing there looking at me!

It was about the size of a man and all black except for its face. Now this is very hard for me to describe but it's face seemed to resemble the shape of a pineapple -- it was round and big on the bottom half and then tapered off into a cone-shape on the top. It had big round eyes and a grotesquely large grin, almost as if it had been meticulously painted on. It was the scariest thing I had ever seen!

And as it gazed back at me, it let out a chilling laugh and as it did so, its entire head seemed to fall off! As if its mouth was the only thing connecting it to its neck. This thing laughed and laughed like that until I began to shriek with fright.

I flew from my bed and grabbed the doorknob but it wouldn't turn. I turned it with all my strength but the door refused to open and this THING was behind me cackling the whole time!

I began screaming as loudly as I could and pounded on the door. Finally, after what seemed like hours, the door opened and my grandparent's startled faces appeared. I ran into their arms, sobbing and shaking and told them there was a demon in my room.

They checked the entire room, out the windows, in the closet, under the bed, and found nothing but I absolutely REFUSED to sleep in there again. They let me sleep in their room that night and the next day we left early.

The bed and breakfast attendant asked my grandfather why we were leaving so soon and my grandfather replied, "My grand-daughter, Ginny, said she saw something in your backroom." The attendant gave a strange smile and said, "I'm sorry to hear that. Safe travels."

The fact that the attendant smiled and didn't ask what I had seen was really weird in my mind. 
Obviously, they knew something we didn't...?"



Wow...that was obviously, one
  ~Queenie~

No comments:

Post a Comment