May 3, 2011

Trippy Tale #19...(Part Three) "Nurses' Ghost Stories"

Well if you've made it this far, then I take it your heart is healthy enough to make it through part three of...

"Nurses' Ghost Stories" 

From Schroeder's Piano:
"The creepiest and scariest ghost story for me, happened about a year ago. It really was more of a possession than a ghost story. I was helping another nurse with a patient that had lived a very hard life. He had numerous things going on with him, from cardiac to renal failure. You name it, he had it going on! This man was very much afraid to die. Every time his heart monitor beeped, he would just go into a rage screaming, "Don't let me die! Don't let me die!" The other nurse and I found out why he didn't want to die... About 2 am, his cardiac monitor starts alarming V-Tach. We both rush into the room. I am pulling the crash cart behind me. When I get to the room, the other nurse is completely white. This man was sitting about 2 inches above the bed and was laughing. His whole look had completely changed. His eyes just had a look of pure evil in them and he had this evil smile on his face. He laughed at us and said, " You stupid b****es aren't going to let me die are you?" and he laughed again. We were kinda frozen. I did reach up and hit the Code Blue button and when I did, the man went into V-fib. He crashed back onto the bed. We started coding him, but after 20 minutes, it was called. 5 minutes after the code was called, several of the code team were in the room cleaning up, when this man sits straight up in the bed and says, " You let him die. Too bad." and then begins laughing. The man collapsed back on to the bed. We heard a horrible, agonizing scream ( actually every patient in the unit that night commented on the scream), and then you could hear "don't let me die" being whispered throughout the unit. Every one of the nurses that night was pale and scared. Nobody went anywhere by themselves! By morning, the whispers of "don't let me die" were gone. The night shift nurses had a prayer service in the break room before we left for home and then we all had nightmares for weeks!"
 (Whoa!)



From Asher 315:
"A patient told me she knew that her baby would not live even though she had an emergency c/s for distress. I asked her how she knew. She said she had seen a family member in the hallway going to the OR that had recently died, and they told her they would take care of the baby, not to worry."

From Sister Jan:
"When I was a student working on a male medical ward one night with my mate (also a 2nd yr student). The auxiliary and staff nurse both left the ward together for their break leaving us two in charge...(the way they did it some years ago). Suddenly, a man in one of the beds sat bolt upright and asked "Who are all those soldiers?!" A guy in the bed opposite awoke and commented that he could not see their feet. My pal and I tried to calm them down, telling them it was probably the side effects of their tablets! When the staff returned, we told them the patients had seen something on the ward, but did not say what. The auxiliary then went pale and said it must be their anniversary again.She told us the hospital use to be a military hospital during the war, but the floor was 12 inches lower and every year, a troup of ghost soldiers walk down the ward with their feet on the original floor so you never see their boots. Exit 2 student nurses!!"

From Wendy K:
"We had two female patients that were always fighting, one of them became very sick and expired. About two hours later, I walked by the other patient's room and the lady that had expired was sitting in the chair beside the bed looking at the patient while she slept! I could not believe it!! I looked away and then looked back in the room and she was gone."

From LT Dave:
"My friend an RT told me she had this room her and another RT would rest during their break late at night.. The male RT, Donald, was sitting across a table from her with his head resting on his folded arm leaning on the table and facing the door. The room was pretty dark and my friend Karen was reading when she noticed a mist forming by the door. Before she could react the mist formed into a figure of a nurse or nun looking person in white with a long shawl over her head. The apparition stood inside the room just looking at Karen and smiling. Karen noticed she ended at the waist, no legs or pelvis was visible. Karen was terrified and in a soft voice she called out to the other RT, “Donald?” and a little louder she called to wake him again, “Donald?”.

With out lifting his head, he spoke up..."I see her too Karen.”

The ghost faded away after a few moments and both agreed on what they had seen."

From Nurse Cozmo:
"I heard this from a med nurse at a SNF where I worked as a CNA. He was a corpman in the Navy at the time, working at a Naval hospital in Baltimore (I think). Anyway this hospital was next to a military cemetery, that dated all the way back to the Revolutionary War. One night he was passing meds and saw a man walking towards him in old fashioned military garb, you know like those Civil War re-enactors, and that's what he thought he was seeing until he realized that he could see right through the guy! He was so scared that he couldn't move and watched this apparition walk right through his med cart, through the wall, to the outside and head back toward the cemetery. He put in for a transfer the next day!"

I hope you've enjoyed tonight's stories, but these are just a bed pan full of tales! So if your ticker can take it, I'll be posting many more in the near future!

What'cha say?
Wanna give it a shot?


If so...

Be sure to check in soon! ;)
~Queenie~

No comments:

Post a Comment